Sunday, October 17, 2010

Spoonful of Rice Krispies
wrist watches flutter in the wind.
they always drip spoons, the
                                                     perfect time of day.
the time of today is longer
than yesterday
but all days ahead will be long.
not short like
cinnamon sticks in your
air vent,
but like spaghetti
crisp stuck to the burner.
it crackles in that rice
krispy way on a warm morning.
we lay on your winged roof
and eat pumpkin seeds
that swim inside us
building lego towers
with orange lipstick.
it sticks to my collarbone
like bubblegum on my notebook-
full of pictures.
ones of pocket watches
that stare
with twelve eyes
and reach with
two pulpy hands
through college
lined paper
searching
                        searching     
                                                for perfect time.

2 comments:

  1. i lovee how you ended this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been busy with writing more poems! I forget to check because it doesn't update me anymore since your blog is private! I hope you are well. Your comments on my blogs mean a lot to me! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete