Sunday, September 26, 2010


Two poems that I wrote for creative writing:

“The Scourge”

With twisted colors of
bloodied  majesties and painted rivers,
you reach out with your charred
fingertips in the rippling threads-
your veins pulse a
rhythm I used to know.

You do not shed those tears
but pull and scrape
mine out from under me

raw
            and flowing
like the words that pooled
from your tongue-
they were scarlet songs

raw
            and flowing
as the rose that wooed
my spirit-its
petals dripped of ignorance
by my bedside

raw
            and flowing
you pushed and pushed
until I was no more than
a hazy canvas

raw
            and flowing
down, down until I
did not recognize
myself in your image.

raw
            and flowing


Your Loopy Signature

swirling watercolors shimmy
and glide- they are as free as a puddle
            jumping, splashing
letters to my doorstep
where the toaster rings,
my telephone is a statue-
chiseled faces of the ones we’ve lost
in the sunburst of
milky pastels, light
up our heartbeats
they gulp in tandem
like two petals of that same
            heart shape
                                    comma
            your loopy signature

1 comment:

  1. LOVE these. i would love to know what exactly you're writing about lol

    ReplyDelete