Monday, November 22, 2010

I've written a lot lately, but I am really working on learning to edit, so this is the only one ready so far. More to come!

Rocking Back and Forth

If I had any tears
I would share them with the moon
                                    and you

you are the shadow behind me
caressing my movements with ease

like wine glasses
dripping from my head
slowly at first, until dust pours out of
                                    you and I
dropping quietly

like stilettos across ceiling
            a scattering of sounds
above this night’s conversation
where all I hear

is the glow of scarlet liquor

under the sink
where my shadow curls up
spouting blackened sand
from its mouth
rocking back and forth
holding your hand,        whispering
                        but I cannot speak

You are a moon
I split down the middle and sew back together

You spiral with my shadow
and I envelope the moon,
I hang upside down
like a spork on the wall
with its numbers clinking            backwards
counting to a place I don’t recognize                  inhaling tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment